Review Time: Pretty Reckless by Jane Anthony

by - 12:06 PM


SYNOPSIS:

Addiction: the fact or condition of being addicted to a particular substance, thing, or activity.

Love: feel a deep romantic or sexual attachment to (someone)

Amazing how two words with vastly different definitions can have the same adverse effect on the spirit. I may be an addict, but I’m no longer foolhardy enough to be addicted to one man. No, this girl finds her comfort in thirst quenching liquid -- it dulls the pain caused by tainted love.
True love may exist, but not for me.

Reckless: without thinking or caring about the consequences of an action

The guy I used to be is a distant memory. I left him in the past, vowing never to be that man again. But never say never, right? This time, I became him out of need. Need for her. She only let me in assuming I enjoyed being on the outside, at arm’s length. But the more I fight the desire brewing in my veins, the harder she is to resist.

Wrong for each other, but carved from the same stone.
He is my rock.
She is my air.
But rocks shatter, and if you get high enough, air becomes unbreathable.
No matter how good it might seem, getting wrapped up in each other is pretty reckless...

OUR OPINION:

HIGHLY EMOTIONAL READ!

These are my favorites...the ones that rip your heart out, squeeze it a little to keep it beating and then toss it back at you so you can try to recover.

There were parts of this book that touched too close to home for me, causing some emotional tugs that made me want to put it down and walk away...but I just couldn't.  I was too caught up.  If you read Pretty Reckless, be prepared to be pulled in and pulled under.

This story is about two people who craved something so much...until they didn't.  Who picked up the leftover pieces of their addictions and found a safe place within each other.  I don't think anything I could say about this book will really do it justice. It was laden with emotions and I loved every minute! 

Jane Anthony did a great job of writing Kat as a hot mess.  It was interesting to watch her evolve and deal with becoming sober.  The fight with Haggie, you just had to laugh a little! Chase was equally well written, exactly what I had in mind for a man coping with recovery.  Very well controlled.  Disciplined.  Maybe a little obsessive?  Perfect!

I actually can't believe I have never read anything by Jane Anthony before.  I will most certainly be going to back to pick up more of her work.

Reading time for Pretty Reckless was a little over 4 hours for me.  

I am giving Pretty Reckless 5 stars.

Review by Corrie H. for Lamplight Review and Promotion




You May Also Like

0 comments