Review Time: More Than Love by Ruth Cardello

by - 7:27 PM


SYNOPSIS:

Grant Barrington is known for being a steadfast financial wizard. He’s an under-celebrated voice of reason, a man who hangs back rather than charges in—until his family needs him to find out what happened to his brother Kent. Then it’s time for this quiet hero to flex his alpha billionaire muscle.

It’s not an ideal time to meet a woman who unexpectedly brings out a wild and spontaneous side of him.

Viviana Sutton is living with her cousin after being fleeced by her ex-boyfriend. She’s done with relationships and isn’t looking for forever. Giving in to one naughty, incredibly hot romp with a stranger actually makes her feel better until she starts craving olives with her morning cereal and takes a pregnancy test.

To help his family, he’ll need to be the man she makes him feel like he can be.

For the sake of her baby, she’ll give him a chance to change her impression of him.

Nothing will be the same once this good man becomes a bad boy.

OUR OPINION:

My first experience with Ruth Cardello was many years ago with the Legacy Collection and Dominic Corisi...swoon! So when the opportunity came to review more work by Ms. Cardello, I couldn't turn it down. After the Legacy Series, I sort of lost track of this author. Reading More Than Love, I was presented with a well written and well thought out story that finds me once again hooked on her work. Reading time for More Than Love was a little over 4 hours.

More Than Love is a standalone novel in the Barrington Billionaires series...sort of? Each member of the family is getting their own story...which yes makes it a standalone...but I was plagued for most of the beginning half with an underlying storyline that I knew nothing about and I wished I had read the first four books. You can get through this book and enjoy it from start to finish, just make sure you pay attention the first half.

I could totally relate to Grant. He's a numbers guy...thinks logically...very little filter. There is a portion of the book where he is trying to explain things to Viviana and it's just not going well...I was laughing...because I totally understood his problem!

I appreciated Viviana's determination and self-reliance. I like a strong leading female who can take care of herself without needing a man...while still wanting a man. Her brothers were a hoot! Their little antics made me giggle several times and I loved her Dad. The whole Sutton Family was amazing and oddly, I think, how fun it would be to see them get a story and find love too!

I got all the feels with this story...pangs of heartbreak...twinges of lust...giggle fits and because of this I am giving this story 5 stars.

Thank you Ruth Cardello for allowing me the opportunity to review More Than Love!

Review by Corrie H. for Lamplight Review and Promotion



You May Also Like

1 comments