Review Time: Fate by Audrey Carlan

by - 8:34 PM



SYNOPSIS:

Not many can say they were burned by fate. I'm the exception. 

Scalded figuratively, emotionally, and physically... I have the scars running down my arm, ribs, and side to prove it. 

The doctors have done what they can to heal me by smoothing the abraded skin using other parts of my body. But they can only do so much. Sometimes, what can't be seen can't be healed. 

The fire that night took more than a pound of flesh. It obliterated my talent, beauty, and most importantly, seared the connection I had with the man I loved. Sure, it was me who pushed him away, but I had my reasons. I did what any woman would do in my situation. I gave up everything so that one day he'd find happiness and peace. 

Now I've healed a bit on the outside, and on the inside, but I still crave the one I let go. To this day he looks at me with fire in his eyes, a heat so bright in his being he glows with it. I fear the light, the flames that could consume me whole. The problem now is, he's not mine anymore. I just may have waited too long to fight for him, for us, for a future together. 

There's only one thing I can do. Let fate decide.

OUR OPINION:

I have to say this was a very emotional read for me.  Second chance romances normally pull at the heart strings, but there were so many other variables in this story that made it that much MORE.

Fate by Audrey Carlan is book 5 in the Trinity Series.  I have not read the previous 4 books and was able to follow along just fine.  The previous 4 books are about characters that are in Fate and a couple of them intrigued me enough that I will likely go back and read them all.

Kathleen is one hurt woman, but she has an amazing support system.  These group of women really pull you in and you really just want to be one of them.  And yet while they are supporting Kathleen, in their own way the group also supports Carson.  They were awesome.  So for the reader that hasn't read any of the other books in the series...I think it's enough to pull you in and having you put them on your TBR before you know it.

As far as hitting all of my must haves...I cried for the heartbreak, I laughed at Carson's stubbornness and was on edge during all of the craziness!

Reading time for Fate was a little over 4 hours for me.  Great for a lazy weekend read!

I am pretty pleased with the time I spent reading Fate and wasn't disappointed in this book at all.  Definitely a read I would recommend to my friends.

I am giving Fate 5 stars.

Review by Corrie H for Lamplight Review and Promotion

You May Also Like

0 comments