Review Time: Down to the Minutes by C.E. Strother

by - 7:50 PM


SYNOPSIS:

Everyone knows the old adage: Love is a battlefield. Are Winnie and Declan willing to fight?

It’s been ten years, eight months, a week, and a day…and it still hurts. Declan Lawson is a former football player turned brilliant businessman. From their youth, Winnifred LaRue has loved no other man. Because of that love–though it almost killed her–she let him go. Because of that love, now that he’s back, she’s willing to risk her heart, body, and even her soul to get what she needs from him. Closure, she thinks, but is there something more he’s willing to offer?

Returned to his hometown in Kentucky to settle some unsavory business, Declan is unprepared for the memories and mayhem that await him in a place that already holds so much sorrow. The love he lost is thrown in his face when Winnie decides his return is her chance to gain her closure once and for all. Fighting too much, and sometimes for the wrong reasons, Declan realizes too late he could redeem them both, or lose her for good.

Shadowing the path of a love strong enough to risk losing everything for, a force of darkness is at work. A cunning mind realizes even before they do that what’s between Winnie and Declan could be their downfall or salvation. Time is of the essence. Hearts and lives are in danger. Love is the battlefield, but who will prevail?

OUR OPINION:

C.E. Strother is a new author to me.  I decided to review Down to the Minutes based off the cover.  The cover alone exudes gritty and edgy and it totally drew me in.  Rest assured that Down to the Minutes isn't just a pretty cover.  

That's when I started reading.

This book slayed me.  There were tears by the time I was 25% in to this book and they didn't stop.  Angsty doesn't even begin to describe this book.  I was so frustrated by all the secrets that I even said out loud....JUST TELL HIM!  I got a look from across the room at that point.  OOPS!

This book is lengthy, reading time for me was a little over 7 hours. It will be an investment in time, but very worth it!

I didn't want this book to end.  I was so drawn in and was just getting comfortable with the characters, there is so much potential for more with all of them...which is when I took another peek at the cover.  See that word SERIES?  I was ecstatic!  Any time I can follow a crew of characters for a while I am a happy girl!  Can't wait to see who else gets a book by C.E. Strother. I have some preferences!

Easily, Down to the Minutes put C.E. Strother on my one-click list and I don't see her getting kicked off any time soon!

Because this book took me everywhere on the emotional spectrum, I am giving it 5 stars...all well deserved!

Review by Corrie H for Lamplight Review and Promotion





You May Also Like

0 comments