Our Review: The History in Us by L.B. Dunbar

by - 9:44 PM


Angst ridden roller coaster! 

Synopsis:

Are you a hero yet?
Her words rang in my head.
I wanted to be.
For you, I want to be, I told her in my dream, the dream where she kissed me again.

A hero-worthy kiss.

Stay safe, she had said. Come back to me.
My lips tingled.
The brush of hers over mine a memory held in the blackest of night,
the hottest of desert days,
and the cold-evil hell of war against hidden enemies.

I wanted another chance to taste those lips,
melt them against mine,
and mold her body to me.
I wanted to live.
For Katie.

Our Opinion:

Oh Katie and Levi...your story made me ugly cry.  I actually considered walking away from your story at one point...I was so heartbroken.

L.B. Dunbar is now on my one click list.  If The History In Us has proven anything, it is that I will get a highly emotional read...and sometimes I just want to FEEL.

The History In Us had me all over the place...hopeful, sad and sometimes even irritated!

Levi's history was sometime heartbreaking.  I wondered at times if he would ever come to terms with his past and be able to love.

I loved all the flashbacks, they really filled in the story and added to some of the angst I was feeling.

It was fresh to have a couple that didn't just jump into bed right from the start...even though they may have wanted to.  The build of their relationship made the story solid.

And any time you add in a sweet little baby...you win!  Oh little AJ...I would have loved to have this story longer if not only to hear you call Katie "Momma"....maybe even right in front of his egg donor.

The History in Us gave us all the feels...so we are giving it 5 stars!





You May Also Like

0 comments