Our Review: Come Back, Rock Savage Book 1 by Candy J Starr

by - 8:33 PM


Who doesn't love a good Rockstar read!?!?

Synopsis:

Asher Savage, you’ve probably heard of him. He was in that boy band until they broke up then he went totally off the rails. He wouldn’t even be on my radar except my editor offered me the ultimate bribe, working with the rock star of my dreams, if I spend a week photographing Savage’s come back. I’ll take the job but it’ll be pure hell until I get my reward. Savage’s charms will never work on me.
**

Women dream of me. Hell, they name their vibrators after me! I’d never met a woman who hadn’t fallen at my feet, until I got stuck with this hard-ass photographer. Alice Cain, she thinks she’s way too good for me, and God knows, she’s probably right. But I need her on side for my come back to be a success and I need her in my bed if I want to keep my ego intact. She will be mine.

Our Opinion:

I love a good rockstar romance, I mean who doesn't?  To live life on the wild side between the covers of a good book without having to get too dirty, is fantabulous!

I wasn't really sure what to think of this book.  I had never read anything by Candy J. Starr before, so I am wildly unfamiliar with her work and writing style...and I can't say that I was too disappointed.

I really kind of wanted to hate Asher to begin with.  The author did a great job getting me familiar with Alice, and we were tight by the end of chapter three.  We had an agenda and Asher Savage was not it...so imagine my surprise when he really was the lead male character and she started falling for him.  Girl and I needed to have a talk! 

But alas...that Asher used his smooth talkin' and convinced us both that he was all that and a bag of chips!  I was all heart eyes and cheering for Asher by the end of chapter ten. Sigh.

You see that cover and where it says Book 1?  I clearly wasn't paying attention because at the end I was smacked with a cliffhanger.  Don't get me wrong, cliffhangers are great and they have their place...but only when the next book is available I don't have to wait for the rest!  Kidding...sort of.  I am super impatient and will now be stalking the author for the rest of this story!  Sorry in advance!

Quite honestly, I am wavering on how to rate this story.  It is a solid 4 for me...but I am leaning toward a 5 and I will tell you why.  As much as I hate cliffhangers...I'm intrigued by what book two has to offer, and because book one has me hooked, hungover and looking for my cure, that 5th star seems like it is well deserved.

Can't wait to see how this ends!

Review by Corrie H.


 



You May Also Like

0 comments