Our Review: The Corner Office by Katerina Baker

by - 6:30 PM


Hard working girl with no time for love!

SYNOPSIS:

Tara Johnson's sacrifices are about to pay off: a senior executive at thirty-five at a Fortune 500 company, she's one of the two finalists in line for a Managing Director position. Unfortunately, her rival of fifteen years, the charming, infuriating Richard Boyd, is just as qualified, and unlike her, he's willing to cross pretty much every line to get what he wants.

Of all the things Tara stored in the attic to make it to the top, it's her personal life she misses the most. That is, until she starts a steamy affair with sex god Aidan, her direct report. Interoffice relationships with a subordinate can mean the end of a career, and when Richard finds out, it's the perfect opportunity to take his high-heeled nemesis out, especially since he's still nursing a grudge against Tara for rejecting him years ago.

But Tara's increasingly domineering lover has his own dark secrets, endangering more than just her career. As her liaison spirals out of control, salvation will come from the man she always thought she hated, and perhaps the only one to truly understand.

OUR OPINION:

I wanted to hate Richard.  Really I did.  He is a PIG.  But I just couldn't.  So I was really kind of sad that Aiden came along.

I just really didn't know where this story was going, the author did a great job at keeping me guessing.  Not only that but I am sure my blood pressure was up a couple times with the action and drama!

Tara pulled me in right from the start.  Strong-willed, goal oriented woman who knows what she wants and takes no crap.  So it was nice to see her softer, more submissive side when she started her relationship with Aiden.  And I totally thought he was a bad ass.  All proper from 9-5...mmm hmmm.  Right.

There were so many things I didn't expect out of this story and a couple laughs from Tara's mom was one of them.  Sweet little secondary character that always kept it real.  Love a good Momma!

I was able to read this story in one sitting and it kept me intrigued with only a couple places that drug on.  The Corner office is a standalone novel with a HEA.

Lamplight Review and Promotion is giving the Corner Office 4 stars.

Review by Corrie H.


You May Also Like

0 comments