Our Review: Ruckus by L.J. Shen

by - 9:14 PM


This book was an emotional roller coaster.

Synopsis:

Rosie

They say that life is a beautiful lie and death a painful truth. They're right.
No one has ever made me feel more alive than the guy who serves as a constant reminder that my clock is ticking.
He is my forbidden, shiny apple.
The striking fallacy to my blunt, raw, truth.
He is also my sister's ex-boyfriend.
One thing you should know before you judge me;
I saw him first. I craved him first. I loved him first.
Eleven years later, he waltzed into my life, demanding a second chance.
Dean Cole wants to be my bronze horseman. My white knight has finally arrived. Hopefully, he isn’t too late.

Dean

They say the brightest stars burn out the fastest. They’re right.
She sets my mind on fire.
All smart mouth, snarky attitude and a huge heart.
In a world where everything is dull, she shines like fucking Sirius.
Eleven years ago, fate tore us apart.
This time, I dare it to try.
Getting to her is a battlefield, but man, that’s why they call me Ruckus.
Rosie LeBlanc is about to find out how hard I can fight.
And conquering her will be the sweetest victory.

Our Opinion:

This was the first book by L.J. Shen that I have read.  Ruckus is book two in the Sinners of Saint Series.  Based off of what I have read, you can read each story as a standalone without being lost, I followed along just fine.

I knew almost immediately that I was going to shed some tears over this book.  Yet there is nothing better than the hope that a second chance romance can bring you.

I was honestly so irritated with Dean almost from the get go.  He was an arrogant man whore who really just needed to be put in his place.  I couldn't quite understand how Rosie could still be attracted to him.  But as time went on he would show little pieces of the devoted love that he held for Rosie and it makes you fall in love with his character.



The chemistry between Dean and Rosie was perfect, almost explosive at times.  The innocent flirtations in the beginning and the realization of the romance when they were older.  Women everywhere will be looking for their very own Dean Cole after reading Ruckus.

All of my must haves were there for a good 5 star read.  I cried...this story.  Ugh.  I laughed.  Some of Dean's shenanigans were just over the top...how could you not laugh.  The anticipation of what would happen....the drama!!! 

We think that you will really love Ruckus as much as we did!  We are giving Ruckus 5 stars!

Enjoy!




You May Also Like

0 comments