Our Review: Lick by Torrie Robles

by - 12:01 PM



The author said we were going to hate Lick...and then love him.  Truer words were never spoken.  I have hated the leading men before...but I literally wanted to smack him!

It is easy for me to say that I LOVED this book.  I started and finished in one sitting.  Nothing was pulling me away from this story.

Lick is book two in the Devil's Fury MC Series.  You can read this book as a standalone, however, there are some references in the book back to Sin.  For that reason alone, reading book one might be helpful.  But book one was AWESOME as well, so just read it too!

Synopsis:

Mothers are supposed to love you. Support you. Protect you.
Not mine, mine did none of those things. – Not one.

My mother taught me that her addiction was stronger than her love for me. Her high was all that mattered. That’s all she needed, all she wanted. Grown men and women took payment from me, so she could get her fix. They took everything from me, just a child, her only son.

Motherly love? Fuck that.

I’ve spent my life taking from bitches all too willing to give it up - whores, sluts, The Fallen - you name it, I've had a piece of it, of them. It's how I earned the name Lick. I've licked every part of a bitch's body. Until her -Jenni.

From the moment she sashayed her hips up the dirt path of our clubhouse I knew I was fucked. Curves for days, sweet tits that begged to be sucked. A heart of gold. I know it’s a fucking cliché, but she was different.

She challenged me – Pushed me

Jenni made me see I’ve spent my life being blind, that I was worth something.

She taught me love doesn’t use.
It’s not twisted, it doesn’t hurt and it doesn’t cost a thing.

I’ll do anything to make her happy. I’ll do whatever the fuck it takes to keep her by my side. She’s far too precious for me, but I’ll be damned if I’ll let her go.

Our Opinion:

This was highly emotional to read.  There is so much going on that a person should not have to deal with ever, that it's a little emotionally overwhelming...yet all in a good way.  I hurt for the little boy that Lick was and loved the strong man that he is now.  And HATED him for being such a jerk at times.

It's easy to say Lick ticked off many of my must-haves to make this a 5 star read.  I cried.  There was drama...holy moly there was drama.  I laughed!  I love it when a laugh literally comes out of nowhere!  The minute I laughed...I could have been done.  It was 5 stars from that point on.

All in all...Lick is a fantastic read and it comes highly recommended!

Lick is receiving 5 stars.


You May Also Like

0 comments