Our Review: Chance by Rachel Rise

by - 11:56 AM



We happened upon this sweet little gem called Chance by the fabulous Rachel Rise and dove right in.

Chance appears to be Rachel's debut novel and we happen to think she is on the right track!

Blurb:


Second Chances Do Exist.“Two years ago I discovered something. I discovered that maybe my happiness wasn’t set on my relationship with Thomas and when I left here and you dropped me off, I was determined to set things straight with him.”

“And did you?” he asked.

I nodded. “I did. I told him the truth.”

He sat there in silence. It was like everyone in the coffee shop left at the wrong time because you could hear a pin drop. “So, did you break up?” he asked. It was in a tentative way. He didn’t look like he wanted to; it was almost like he had to.

I nodded. “We broke up that day. He moved out three days later.”

He processed those words and it was evident that he was confused by something. He was also eager to state his confusion. “Then why no call?” he asked.

I had been rehearsing that answer for the past two years...


Sometimes if you close your eyes, you’ll miss what’s right in front of you.


*Authors’ Note: Chance is a Standalone Romance with a guaranteed HEA ending and no Cliffhanger.

Our Opinion:


Chance is a quick read, perfect for the reader who wants to read but doesn't have a lot of time to invest in hundreds of pages of a complex read.

I found this book to be a sweet romance with two characters that just kept missing their opportunity at every turn.  The back and forth the author created was great and it really developed the whole missed chances theme.  I like a lot of angst in my reads, and while Chance had some, which was closer to the end, I wanted more.  I love being wrecked during and after a story!

If you are fan of sex scenes, you won't be disappointed!  There are only a few...hence the missed opportunities...but what you get is worth it!

Lamplight Review and Promotion is giving Chance by Rachel Rise 4 stars.

Review done by Corrie H.

P.S.  There is a teaser for what is coming next from Rachel Rise and it promises to be equally fabulous!

Amazon Buy Link:

http://amzn.to/2qzuQAK

Goodreads:

http://bit.ly/2qvcC4h






You May Also Like

0 comments