Review Time: Lost Before You by Brooke O'Brien

by - 7:43 PM


SYNOPSIS:


I wish someone would’ve warned me about the dangers of falling in love with your best friend.

I was no stranger to covering up my problems with meaningless sex and alcohol.

When Brea asked me for one night to help her forget, I craved being the man she needed.

Just sex.

No commitment.

Then she begged me to promise her nothing would change between us. I couldn’t bring myself to lie to her.

One night.

One broken promise.

I will never forget the night I fell in love with my best friend, and now nothing will ever be the same.

*Lost Before You is an interconnected stand-alone novel.  

OUR OPINION:


Lost Before You is Book two in the Heart's Compass series by Brooke O'Brien and is a great "follow up" to Where I Found You.  This series has quickly landed itself on my stalking list!

Lost Before You reads parallel to Where I Found You, using those secondary characters now as primary. I really am enjoying this group of friends and their drama.  They have quite the crew and I love that Mason and Callum are brothers with their own drama...it's not just a girl and guy struggling to find each other.  It's more.  Complex, and with so much deep seated hurt for several characters...emotional too!

Best friends falling in love makes some of the best angst!  He wants to keep his promise about nothing changing but secretly can't and she really just wants to be loved and can't figure out where her best friend went.  I have to say so far Mason is my favorite guy.

I read this whole thing in one sitting...much like book two and this took me a little over 4 hours.  While Lost Before You is part of a series it can be read as a standalone...you won't have any problems understanding what is going on.

I really like this series and can't wait for more.  Still waiting for the one that pulls on my heart strings and makes me ugly cry for hours.  

I am giving Lost Before You 4 stars.

Review by Corrie H. for Lamplight Review and Promotion
**I received an ARC for an honest review





You May Also Like

0 comments