Review Time: Appointed by Fate by Skye McNeil

by - 11:34 AM



SYNOPSIS:

One of Iowa’s most prominent criminal attorneys, Joci Dorous is ruthless and devoid of emotion in the courtroom. It’s what makes her the best. Her most recent client allegedly committed murder and, despite a rocky start, Joci is determined to win Cameron Shearer’s case.

Since this is her first homicide, she has the support of a second-chair attorney—her ex who wants her back. To make things more complicated, her hunky cop of a booty call, Cameron’s arresting officer, isn’t quite ready to let her go either. Who knew being surrounded by three hot guys could be so deliciously exhausting?

As the mystery of the case unravels, she soon discovers the true reason behind Cameron’s impromptu visit to Iowa. It’s this knowledge that endangers all those she holds dear. Caught up in confusion, chaos, and criminal law, how will her heart survive the final verdict?

OUR OPINION: 

This is the first book by this author for me.  What drew me to it was the blurb.  I enjoy a good suspenseful romance.  Lawyers, criminals, mob, romance...I was sold.

Joci is a really great female lead character.  She is strong and determined and very level headed.  If she could only get her love life nailed down.

Cameron, Quinn and Adrian...she has quite the selection of men to choose from, all very dreamy in their own way.

Several things kept me intrigued in this book.  The mystery of the mob had me back and forth many times.  So many little secrets and danger for Joci all because of men.  The mystery of her love life.  To have so many choices and yet not being able to make a decision because of all the crazy circumstances!

I can really decide what kept my attention the most, the trial against Cameron and all of the circumstances surrounding it or the not knowing who Joci was going to pick.  They were woven so intricately one into the other that I can't really nail it down.

I liked this book...but I didn't get that moment when she finally chooses her man and they come together and all is right in the world.  It ended leaving me feel like there is more to the story...and there just might be, I'm not sure.  I just needed more.

I will have to read Exonerated by Fate which is next up.  I hope I get some answers.

This was still a decent book, perfect for the reader who doesn't need a lot of sex in their stories.  Reading time was a little over 6 hours for me.  I was able to put it down and pick back up again without any issues.

I am giving Appointed by Fate 4 stars.

Review by Corrie H for Lamplight Review and Promotion

**ARC provided for an honest review




You May Also Like

0 comments