Review Time: Prince Brock by Xavier Neal

by - 11:16 AM


Synopsis:

Members only.

A simple rule but a valuable one.

The Castle is the most exclusive and illusive male strip club in the country. As dancers we're treasured like royalty and as clients, you're treated like it.

I'm the hot tempered, blue eyed beast whose bark is just as vicious as his bite.

Every man that walks out onto the stage is loved like a prince.

I'm Brock and this is my story.

-This is the THIRD book is a series of STANDALONES-

Our Opinion:

Prince Brock is the third book in the Prince of Tease series by Xavier Neal.  While being part of a series, it is a standalone series, so no worries if you haven't read the other two books.

So we meet Brock who has one of the filthiest mouths I've heard on an alpha male in a long time.  It worked for me.  There is complete honesty in someone who doesn't filter out their language and goes with what they are feeling.  He was intense, loyal and knew what he wanted.  I love him.

French is independent and constantly in control, always on top and knows what she wants.  I empathized with her a lot and really liked her character.  It takes a strong man to be able to get a woman like French to settle down and let someone else take the reigns every once in a while.

Their connection was deep and you could tell there was an intense love between them, they just had to get over their personal hurdles.  They had a really great banter between the two of them, which I enjoyed.  Characters that just lay down and play submissive without a little push back are some of my least favorite...and you find NONE of that here.

So the story between these two was fantastic. 

In the beginning of the book the author states they will be breaking the fourth wall of writing and some parts of this book the characters are speaking to the reader.  I can' say I loved this.  Which is odd...because if you have ever watched House of Cards on Netflix, they use this technique and I quite enjoy it.  I just found that sometimes these sections were too long for my liking and by the time that portion was done, I had to jump back up to see where the characters were at.  There were some that I ended up skipping because I was tired of losing the momentum of the scene I was in.  The shorter ones were fun and in some cases even added to the story.

I didn't cry during this story, but I did laugh at their banter, and I truly did love their story.  It was just that narrative that didn't do anything for me.

I am giving Prince Brock 4 stars.



You May Also Like

0 comments