Our Review: Firefly: A Redemption Novel by Molly McAdams

by - 8:20 PM


Highly intense and full of angst!

Synopsis:

As the Princess of the Irish-American Mob, there’s no shortage of men ready to help guard and protect me. To slowly suffocate me to the point of seeking freedom—a place where I can breathe.

Kieran Hayes has been saving me for as long as I can remember. It’s in his blood, and one of the many reasons I fell in love with him. Until my favorite trait became his biggest flaw, making me resent the man I love. An unwavering warrior, his love for me has been shrouded by those instincts.

Save Lily. Protect Lily. Hide Lily. Cage Lily.

What I wasn’t prepared for was Dare—the man who would set my world on fire with just one touch. He saw straight through to my soul, as though he knew I was desperate for freedom, and silently demanded my heart from the beginning.

And I didn’t expect Dare to be Demitri Borello—the reason for so many deaths in my family. A man who will take my life the moment he finds out who I am.

Despite it all, I’ll love him until that moment comes.

A fire will die if there is no oxygen for it to consume. Ours is rapidly stealing every last breath we can sacrifice to it.

Our Opinion:

Why have I never read anything by Molly McAdams before?  Which rock have I been living under?

This book got me good.  While I have been reading like crazy, and those books have been great, some even outstanding, I have been missing the heart wrenching pain from an intensely emotional read for a while.

No More!

Molly McAdams is my dealer, her stories are my drug and I am after my next fix!

Mob stories are some of my favorite...the very alpha males, the danger factor, the all or nothing love...gets me every time.

Lily is an amazing female lead character.  Super tough, knows what she wants and doesn't back down from a challenge.  She is a truly admirable character, showing so much strength in the face of adversity.

Kieran, the fierce protector, was an enigma that I am not sure anyone will ever figure out. He was all over the place and I just never knew what to think of him.  He made me dizzy!

Dare was amazing.  Another fierce protector to his family, that kind of loyalty is super attractive and the intense attraction between him and Lily is sure to set the pages of your book on FIRE!

All of the secondary characters are awesome as well...and as this is a series I have a few picked out that I hope get their own story.

There were so many twists and turns in Firefly, I almost couldn't keep up.  One of the things that made this story for me was that through all of the twists, I was unable to figure them out until they were revealed.  It was wild and wholly unpredictable and I loved every minute.

Firefly gave me everything I needed for a 5 star read and without a doubt Molly McAdams deserves every one of them.

Firefly is part of a series but can be read as a standalone; however, I will be going back for book one!

Review by: Corrie H.

You May Also Like

0 comments