Our Review: The Scent of Roses by Sienna Blake

by - 11:35 PM


Intense and satisfying continuation of the Dark Romeo Series!

Synopsis:

The sequel to Love Sprung From Hate, Dark Romeo #1.

The game becomes more deadly as the lies get bigger. Risks will be taken, loyalties will be tested, but will Roman and Julianna take the biggest risk of all…giving into their hearts?

Inspired by Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet, this is a retelling for mature audiences. Don’t enter the Underworld if you’re scared of the dark.

Our Opinion:

This series is going to kill me.  Cliffhangers.  Drama.  Intensity. 

Taboo is the name of the game with this series and The Scent of Roses is no exception.

Two people who should never even consider being together, pushing all of the limits that are standing in their way.

Normally for a book to get five stars out of me it needs to make me cry.  I was just sure this book wasn't going to and I really didn't even care if it did, it was just that good.  But there I was, smack dab in the middle, teary eyed. This series is hot, hot, hot and it checks off all of my must haves.

I think Roman is my new favorite of all times.  The way that Sienna Blake writes his intensity is beyond words.  Imagining how uncomfortable Juliet is during some of those scenes just having him look at her...not to mention speaking to her.  It's almost too much!

I cannot wait for August when the third book comes out.  I am sure it will be super explosive and Lord help me if there isn't a HEA.  I will be a hot mess.

Obviously, The Scent of Roses is part of a series and you absolutely MUST read Love Sprung From Hate, Dark Romeo #1 first.  You will be utterly lost and lets just be honest, book 1 was amazing too.  Reading time for this book was just a little over 3 hours and I read it all in one sitting...because duh!

The Scent of Roses, Dark Romeo #2 by Sienna Blake is receiving 5 stars.

Review by Corrie H for Lamplight Review and Promotion

You May Also Like

0 comments