Review Time: Where I Found You by Brooke O'Brien

by - 1:41 PM


SYNOPSIS:


How do you protect your heart?

Build a wall.
Lock it away.
Let no one in.

Everyone should have a childhood worth remembering. Only I remember mine for all the wrong reasons. Starting over in a new town is hard enough. When you are running from your past, it doesn't get any easier.

I was ready to say goodbye to the burdens I have carried. The pain I’ve experienced is more than anyone should have to face.

Then I met him...

He takes my breath away. I can’t ignore the way he makes me feel. I know he has the power to destroy me.

And that's what scares me the most.

OUR OPINION:


Where I Found You is Brooke's first novel and as firsts go, this new series has great potential!  I could easily read everything she writes going forward. 

Where I Found You is the first book in the Heart's Compass series and is told in alternating first person POV.

Where I Found You was well thought out, has a great story line and pulls the reader in from the very first chapter.  I was able to read this book in one sitting because it grabbed my attention and then continued to keep my attention throughout.

The insta-attraction between Ellie and Callum is intriguing which is what pulled me in right away.  The hope that they would find each other kept me going and the will they/won't they drug me under.  Add in all the drama from Ellie's past and I was not going anywhere until I had all the answers.

All of the secondary characters are pretty cool and at the end of the book there is a list of upcoming stories in this series.  These will definitely be on my watch list!

While the true story is of Ellie and Callum finding one another, falling in love and overcoming each other's past, Where I Found You also has to do with sex abuse so this book has the potential to set off triggers for some readers. 

Overall, I was not disappointed in this read.  The drama/action was what made this read for me.  I think there was potential for Halle to be a more consistent funny character throughout...offsetting some of the more serious moments and making it a bit more lighthearted.  Or maybe I misinterpreted her place in this series?  Even with the seriousness of the storyline, I didn't cry and the places where I would have wanted to feel the pull on my heart, I didn't.  

I am giving Where I Found You 4 stars.

Review by Corrie H for Lamplight Review and Promotion

***I received an ARC for an honest review










You May Also Like

0 comments