Review Time: Riverstorm (The Rivervalley Series book 5) by Tess Thompson

by - 8:25 PM



SYNOPSIS:

Los Angeles attorneys Grant Perry and Liz Teeny were once in love, until youth and circumstance tore them apart. Ten years later, they’re reunited while working on an important trial. He’s successful and handsome, but childhood demons haunt him. Liz, lonely and driven, has devoted her life to work.
When unexpected personal events bring them to River Valley, they learn of family secrets that could change their lives forever. How will what they learn impact their lives? Will these secrets bring healing or more heartbreak? Is it too late for a second chance?

The fifth installment in Tess Thompson’s beloved River Valley Series explores themes of family, home, and the way childhood trauma can follow you into adulthood. Old friends from previous books, an epic love story, and a dash of mystery will keep you smiling as you turn the pages of this feel-good, small-town romance.

OUR OPINION:

With new authors I like to do as little prep work as possible when picking up their books.  It gives me a clear mind and I am able to take the book at face value rather than the build up or let down from other readers.

When I finished Riverstorm I thought to myself this would make a great series and I had all kinds of people I was hoping would be next in the series.  Only to find out that Riverstorm is actually book 5 in The River Valley Series!  Where have I been!?!?!?

And now I will be busy going back to read the previous 4 books!

Riverstorm was a great read for me.  I love a second chance romance and even more than that I love suspense!  I was met with both in this book and it kept me turning pages from beginning to end.  

Reading time for me was a little over 4 hours.  I read the whole thing in one sitting...because I could and because I don't think I could have put it down anyhow.  Between the mystery and the anticipation of Liz and Grant possibly getting back together...I didn't stand a chance.

The sex in Riverstorm wasn't over the top, so if you don't really care for an over abundance of it, this book would be right up your alley.  It is part of a series, but I was able to read without any problems.  I didn't feel lost or confused with any of the other characters.  

I am truly hoping Tess Thompson has at least one more in her for this series.  I'd love a story between Peggy and Todd!  Please and Thank you.

Great read for me.  I am giving it 5 stars.

Review by Corrie H for Lamplight Review and Promotion

***I was given an ARC for an honest review

You May Also Like

0 comments