Review Time: His Heart by Sheila Kell

by - 6:59 PM


SYNOPSIS:

From Romantic Suspense BEST-SELLING Author: What happens when a man is called to protect the woman who captured then crushed his heart? In Sheila Kell’s story of danger and second chances, two people are connected by a painful past and a love that is threatened.

His heart is hers.

Eight years earlier, Matt Hamilton gave away his heart only to have that love snatched away. When called in to protect Caitlyn Robinson, the damaged woman from his past, he’s prepared to risk everything to make sure she’s kept safe.

By the time his team is in place, Matt discovers Caitlyn hasn’t truly recovered from the event that previously destroyed them. He’s determined to be the one to save not only her life, but her heart.

Possibility drives him forward, but first, he must catch the bastard chasing her.

OUR OPINION: 

First off, I am really disappointed that this is the first Sheila Kell book I have ever read, say nothing about the first of this series.  Where have I been?

Loved this book.  It was engaging, and action packed and kept me on the edge the whole time.  The minute I thought I had it all figured out, I realized I didn't.  I love it when an author will keep me guessing.  There wasn't a single spot in this book that I was bored.

Personally for me, His Heart pulled at my heart strings.  I have my own Veteran at home and stories that have anything to do with a military man, immediately get my attention.  The fact that this centered around wounded Veterans...made His Heart a complete win for me.

Another thing I loved about this was the closeness of the family.  Those boys, and sister, will drop anything and everything for one of their siblings and I found that very impressive?  Probably not the word I am looking for, but you don't find that kind of loyalty just anywhere.  The fact that they were willing to help out for someone just because she was someone that Matt care for and loved...swoon!

I cannot wait to go back and read the previous books.  His Heart is listed as HIS #7...but I didn't feel like I had to have read the previous 6 books to understand what was going on.  I want to but I certainly don't have to.

Reading time for His Heart was around 6 hours...broken up into two portions, because life.  But I would have totally binged this whole book in one sitting had I had the time.

Overall, this was a good read for me, no disappointment anywhere.  I am happily giving His Heart 5 stars.

Review by Corrie H. for Lamplight Review and Promotion

**I received an ARC for an honest review.



You May Also Like

0 comments