Our Review: Criminal by Kat Shehata

by - 1:01 PM

Criminal was the perfect ending to the Russian Tattoos series by Kat Shehata!



Criminal is book 3 in the series and reading books 1&2 are critical to understanding what is happening in book three. 

Throughout this whole series, Carter has been the main character and you really see her progress all the way through.  In the beginning she was young and mouthy, always doing things her way and on her time.  It took a lot of correction from Boris and Vladimir to make her into the Queen she has become in Criminal.

Criminal really ticked off my most important must haves in a 5 star read.  Reading is an emotional experience for me and so for a book to get 5 stars, you know it has taken me there and back and I am exhausted at the end.

I needed to laugh - while I will admit there wasn't much to laugh about in book three, one of my favorite characteristics of Carters is when she pushes back at Boris or whomever is guarding her at any given time.  Because she has evolved into this new role, you really don't see much of it in book 3...but if you look closely, you'll see it.

I needed to cry.  Check.  This book was heartbreaking in some places.  OK a lot of places.  By chapter 10 I was in tears for Carter and Vladimir.

I needed some action.  Check.  Holy Moly did I get action.  I had a hard time trying to keep up with everything.

I needed some drama/suspense.  There is definitely that.  It's the Russian Mob so...

There has to be great romance.  It has been a while since I have read anything with as much chemistry between the main characters, which I think I can contribute to the fact that I have read from book one.  I was invested in their relationship.  It has been one that has been quite a roller coaster ride from the beginning.  The love between Carter and Vladimir is hard to put into words, but it's very deep and at times destroys you.

This book was an all around win for me.  I am truly sad to see this series end.  There were a couple other characters that I would love to see developed and get their own story.  Who knows what is next!

Reviewed by Corrie H. for Lamplight Review and Promotion

You May Also Like

0 comments