Review Time: Love War by Cary Hart

by - 12:38 AM


SYNOPSIS:

What happens when happily ever after isn't happy? When everything you thought you knew changes?

Obligation...Marriage
Betrayal...Freedom
Until him. Until her.
Second chances...
Until them.
Deceit...Doubt.

The past may have won the battles, but can Love win the War?

OUR OPINION:

So this is my first Cary Hart experience, and as experiences go, I am hooked.  Love War is the first book in the Battlefield of Love series and if book one is any indication, the rest of this series will be equally worth your time.

Since this was my first time reading anything by Ms. Hart, I really didn't know what to expect and the synopsis was light on information.  Zero time was wasted in getting the reader pulled in to this story, which is something I truly appreciate!

A quick recap of the story to give you some idea of what it is about...Aubrey is newly divorced and trying to find her way back into the dating scene.  She struggles a little bit trying to figure out how it all works while trying to keep her daughter her priority.  Enter Drew, an almost divorcee who stumbles upon Aubrey.  Drew's marriage wounds are still fresh, some not even closed.  Meeting Aubrey wasn't in his plans, but when he does, something about her pulls him in and staying away just isn't something he can do.  The two will navigate single parenthood and a new relationship while trying to meld their families together...all the while trying to dodge obstacles and deceit.

The little girls...I loved them!  They made this story so endearing and full of life and energy, while their parents brought the heat and passion.  Love War gave me everything I needed.  I laughed with the little girls and cried with their parents.  I got the full range of emotion with this book.

Love War is told in first person POV, alternating between Aubrey and Drew.  The time it took to read was a little over 3 hours, which is perfect.  It is full of fun, love and drama!

Because it hit all of my must haves in the emotion department, I am giving Love War 5 stars.

Review by Corrie H. for Lamplight Review and Promotion

You May Also Like

0 comments