Review Time: Lotus by TL Smith

by - 11:07 PM

Intense love story!

SYNOPSIS: 

To break a heart is easy.
All you have to do is reach in, wrap your blood covered hands around it, and pull.
This happened to me.
Two hands, both red as my hair, did this exact thing.
Tore it away like it wasn’t made for me.
Maybe it was his to take?
Because years on, with those same blood red hands, he still has it.
In his hands.
And he won’t give it back.
But the real question is, do I want it back.
He is dangerous, uncontrollable, and downright sexy.
I fell for it all, but in the end, he didn’t catch me he let me fall.

OUR OPINION:

Lotus by T.L. Smith was an intense story to read.  Orion and Lotus have an all consuming love that is unmatched.  That is truly what this story is about.  There is an underlying storyline of drugs and violence, but when you break it all down...it's all about their obsessive love of one another.

I was quickly pulled in to this story, interested from the very start.  I really enjoyed how the author did flashbacks to fill in the rest of the story.  I feel that it gave the whole story dimension.

For me what made this story was the intensity.  To be that loved...wanted...desired...to be that focused on.  I don't know, it just really pulls you in and makes you feel everything.

There were a few twists and turns throughout which gave me even more to be interested in.  I was also intrigued with Cole and Yumi, Sebastian and Loretta and even Roan.  Would be fun to see if they have stories that need to be told as well.

Lotus is told in first person POV, alternating between Orion and Lotus.  It is a standalone novel and I was able to read from beginning to end in a little over 3 hours. 

I really enjoyed Lotus and am giving it 5 stars.

Review by Corrie H. for Lamplight Review and Promotion

You May Also Like

0 comments