Review Time: Bad Idea by Nicole French

by - 5:47 PM

SYNOPSIS:

From the second she saw him, Layla Barros knew Nico Soltero was all wrong. Wrong age. Wrong education. Wrong job. Wrong everything. She had a hard enough time convincing her parents that New York really is the right place for their nineteen-year-old daughter without telling them she's got a thing for the FedEx guy at her new part-time job. Too bad the second she saw him, Layla Barros no longer cared about right and wrong.

Raised with three siblings in Hell's Kitchen by a single-mom, half Puerto Rican, half Italian Nico Soltero is a quintessential New York mutt who's always had to shoulder the burdens of his family. Burdens which have cost him almost all of his dreams, like going to college or becoming an FDNY firefighter. Now, at twenty-six, he's finally getting the chance to leave the place that's always felt more like a dead weight than the center of the universe. Too bad the city of his birth has one last hard knock to deal: the girl of his dreams, sitting right in the middle of his delivery route, three months before his plane is supposed to take off.

As Layla and Nico find out, love isn't always convenient, and it never happens how they planned. The choices that Nico and Layla make now will affect their lives forever. Will they make them together or apart?
 

OUR OPINION:

Holy Cliffhangers!

Bad Idea was a great idea!  Really I think this book is much more of a journey than anything.  I didn't realize that there would be more...yeah I didn't catch that VOL 1 thing.

I am totally invested in whatever comes next.  These characters quickly wormed their way into my heart.  A young woman who just wants the chance to be herself away from her family and be who she was meant to be meets handsome, slightly older man who just wants to get away from the responsibilities that have been forced upon him.  They really just meet at the wrong time in their lives, but you really get wrapped up in how much they come to care for one another.

There was one point in the story that really just broke my heart...I know you'll know it when you read it.  I felt such heartache, sadness, pain...it brought me to tears...and that is what I love most about a story like this.

There were some fantastic secondary characters in this story and while I don't see where they have much potential for their own stories, their involvement in this one is pretty integral.  My favorite friend is Quinn and I really just love how she bleeds the lines of friend to almost family.  She is a rock and overprotective and super loyal.  

Most definitely Volume 2 is on my must read.  I can't wait to see what is next for Layla and Nico.

I am giving Bad Idea 5 stars.

Review by Corrie H. for Lamplight Review and Promotion

**I received an ARC for an honest review

You May Also Like

0 comments